Loading Gif

Party Wall Matters

Keep your neighbours on side and stick to the law

If you are planning to undertake works that affect a shared wall, or building or digging near a neighbour’s property, you will need an experienced Party Wall Surveyor to help the process run as smoothly as possible and avoid any problems down the line.

As specialist Party Wall Surveyors, with both domestic and commercial experience, we can help with everything from serving notices to helping with disputes, either as part of a package with other services or on its own.

Under the Party Wall Act 1996 you have to serve notice on your neighbour/s if you are intending to undertake any work that is covered by the Act. If you are unsure what the Act involves and how to serve this notice then – or want to know the difference between a party wall agreement and a party wall award, our experienced Surveyors are on hand to help.

Here is how we can help:

  • Handle all party wall matters for you either as part of a package with other services or on an individual basis
  • Ensure you comply with all party wall legislation
  • Assist with serving a party wall notice on your neighbours
  • Act as a mediator between you and your neighbours should any disputes arise
  • Act as Surveyor for all parties keeping costs under control
  • Draft party wall agreements
  • Carry out Schedule of Conditions
For more information call 020 3102 7701 (London), 01277 223594 (Shenfield, Brentwood, Essex) or email info@howecharteredsurveyors.co.uk